Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Flannels, Songs and Story Extensions

Books That Translate Into Flannel Stories
Baby in the Box
by Frank Asch
It's MY Birthday! by Pat Hutchins

Book That Can Be Told With Props/Puppets
Mannie and the Long Brave Day
by Martine Murray
Sitting In My Box by Dee Lillegard
Where's Tumpty?  by Polly Dunbar

A-Hunting We Will Go
A-hunting we will go,
A-hunting we will go,
We'll catch a fox and put him in a box,
And then we'll let him go.

...catch a bear and comb his hair...
...catch a mouse and put him in a house...
...catch a goat and put him in a boat...
...catch a whale and tickle his tail...

Balls At Storytime
The balls at storytime bounce up and down,
Up and down, up and down…
The balls at storytime bounce up and down all through the day

The balls at storytime bounce way up high…
The balls at storytime bounce way down low…
The balls at storytime bounce all around…


Boxes
A little box, a bigger box,
A great big box I see.
Let's see if we can count them:
One, two, three!

Boxes, Boxes Everywhere
Boxes, boxes everywhere
Some are long and some are square
Some are short and some are tall
Some so big, inside I crawl

Jack in the Box
It's Toddler Time by Carol Hammett and Elaine Bueffel
Jack in the box jump up.
Jack in the box jump down.
Jack in the box go hop, hop, hop.
Then you turn around.

Little Fox, Little FoxLittle Fox, Little Fox,
Are you under the (blue) box?
Nooo.....
(repeat until fox is found)

What Do I Have in My Box Today?
What do I have in my box today,
Box today, box today?
What do I have in my box today?
It must be a __________. (Fill in the blank)

What's in the Box?
What's in the box?
Sitting so still....
Won't you come out?
Yes, I will.

No comments: