Sunday, May 11, 2008

Flannels Songs and Story Extensions

Books That Translate Into Flannel Stories
Hush Little Baby (traditional song)
Hugs for Antoine (contact me if you need the script)
Where’s My Mommy by Jo Brown
Mother, Mother, I Want Another by Maria Polushkin

Books That Work As Puppet or Prop Stories
Ask Mr. Bear by Marjorie Flack
Is Your Mama A Llama? by Deborah Guarino and Steven Kellogg
Mr. Rabbit and the Lovely Present by Charlotte Zolotow
Special Delivery by Brigitte Weninger
Snuggle Wuggle by Jonathan London

Draw and Tell
Monkey Face by Frank Asch*
* This book was republished under the title Bread and Honey

M-O-M-M-Y
(Sung To: B-I-N-G-O)
I love her and she loves me
And mommy is her name - O
M-O-M-M-Y, M-O-M-M-Y
M-O-M-M-Y
And Mommy is her name-O

This Is The Mother
This is the mother, kind and dear. (Make fist then point to the thumb)
This is the father sitting near. (Show each finger in turn)
This is the brother strong and tall.
This is the sister, who plays with her ball.
This is the baby, the littlest of all.
See my whole family large and small? (Wiggle all fingers)

No comments: