Friday, December 21, 2007

Flannels, Songs and Story Extensions

Books That Translate Well Into Flannels
Dirty Little Boy by Margaret Wise Brown
Five Pigs So Squeaky and Clean
I Don't Want to Take a Bath by Julie Sykes
I Know A Wee Piggy by Kim Norman
Peep and Egg: I'm Not Taking a Bath by Laura Gehl
Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Who's in the Tub? by Jen Takabatake
This Little Piggy Went to Market

Bathtime Song
I Took A Bath in a Washing Machine from Jim Gill Sings the Sneezing Song...

Ducks in the Tub
(Tune of "Ten in the Bed") 
There are five in the tub,
And the little one says: Move over, move over!
So they all move over and one falls in
(count down until only one is left)

There was one in the tub, and the little one said:
I've got the whole tub to myself..

Five Elephants in a Bathtub
One little elephant going for a swim
Knock-knock
Splish-splash
Come on in!

(count up until you get to five:)
Five little elephants going for a swim
Thump-thump!
Uh-oh!
The tub fell in!

Five Little Ducks in a Great Big Tub
Five little ducks in a great big tub,
Mama scrubbed the (yellow) one
Scrubba-dub-dub

Four little ducks in a great big tub,
Mama scrubbed the (blue) one
Scrubba-dub-dub
(count down until none are left)

Five Pigs, So Squeaky Clean
(Tune of "Five Green and Speckled Frogs") 
Five pigs so squeaky clean
Cleanest you’ve ever seen
Wanted to go outside and play
Oink! Oink! (clap, clap)
One jumped into the mud
Landed with a great big thud
Then there were four clean squeaky pigs.

P-I-G-G-Y
There was a pig out in the mud,
And Piggy was his name-o
P-I-G-G-Y, P-I-G-G-Y, P-I-G-G-Y,
And Piggy was his name-o.

Ten Little Piggies Rolling in the Mud
Ten little pigs rolling in the mud,
Squishy-squashy, felt so good.
The farmer took one pig out.
Oink, Oink, Oink, the pig did shout.
(Count with 9,8,7, and so forth...)

No little pigs rolling in the mud,
They all looked clean and good.
The farmer turned his back and then,
Those pigs rolled in the mud again!

Three Melting Popsicles
Three melting popsicles
So sticky and sweet
I ate the green one -
what a yummy treat!

Two melting popsicles
So sticky and sweet
I ate the purple one -
what a yummy treat!

One melting popsicle
So sticky and sweet
I ate the red one -
what a yummy treat!

No more popsicles
So sticky and sweet
I guess I'll have to find
something else to eat!

No comments: