Monday, February 05, 2024

Ice Skating Storytime


Book:
Bunnies on Ice by Johanna Wright
Flora and the Penguin by Molly Idle
Silly Dance Contest by Jim Gill
We Are the Champions by Crazy Frog

Songs:
Dance, Freeze, Melt by Mr. Eric and Mr. Michael
Freeze Dance by the Kiboomers


Click to enlarge

Five Champions
Five champions skating on the ice
One took a tumble and it wasn't very nice. 
Got back up again, and said, "You'd better think twice!
"It takes more than just one fall to get me off of this ice."

While removing the skaters one by one: "He took time to rest, but he'll skate again - because he's a champion!"

In My Skates
(Tune of Laurie Berkner's Boots song)

In my red skates, in my red skates. 
I skate around in my red skates. 
In my skates. In my skates. 
I skate around in my skates.

Repeat with:

  • Green skates - twirl around
  • Blue skates - jump around
  • Purple skates - take a bow
A-Skating We Will Go
(focusing on Winter Olympic sports)

A skating we will go, A skating we will go, 
When we’re at the Olympics, we will be a skating pro.

A sledding we will go, a sledding we will go, 
When we’re at the Olympics, we will be a sledding pro.

A skiing we will go, a skiing we will go              
When we’re at the Olympics, we will be a sledding pro.

A hockey we will play, a hockey we will play                         
When we’re at the Olympics, we’ll have winter fun all day.

Skate version of Bingo

(with girl or boy puppet wearing ice skates)

There was a girl who loved to skate
She won so many medals
S-K-A-T-E, 
S-K-A-T-E, 
S-K-A-T-E, 
She won so many medals

No comments: