Monday, April 06, 2009

Fingerplays, Songs and Story Extensions

Book That Works As A Flannel Story
Little Red Hen Makes a Pizza by Philemon Sturges

Stories That Can Be Retold With Props or Puppets
Mushroom in the Rain by Ginsb
Papa's Spaghetti
Pizza for Sam
Spaghetti for Suzy by Peta Coplans

Do You Know The Pizza Man ?
(Tune of "Do You Know the Muffin Man?")
Oh do you know the pizza man, the pizza man, the pizza man
Oh do you know the pizza man,
Who makes it fresh and hot?
(or..makes it in a pan, sprinkles on the cheese, spreads on the sauce,...)

If You Want to Eat Some Pizza
(Tune of "Happy and You Know It")
If you want to eat some pizza, raise your hand.
If you want to eat some pizza, raise your hand.
If you like bubbly cheese,
Then just say, "Pizza please!"
If you want to eat some pizza, raise your hand.
Repeat with: rub your tummy, shout Hooray!

I Wish I Were a Pepperoni Pizza

(Tune of Oscar Mayer theme song)
Oh, I wish I were a pepperoni pizza,
That is what I'd truly like to be.
For if I were a pepperoni pizza,
Everyone would be in love with me!
Repeat with different kinds of pizzas (e.g. cheese and sausage)

On Top Of My Pizza
(Tune of "On Top of Spaghetti")
On top of my pizza,
All covered with sauce.
I lost my pepperoni
When it rolled off the top!

It rolled under the table
And onto the floor.
It rolled over the carpet
And then out the door!

Pan Pizza Hot

(clap hands alone or with a partner)
Pan Pizza hot, Pan Pizza cold
Pan Pizza in the pot,
Nine days old.

Some like it hot, some like it cold
Some like it in the pot,
Nine days old.

Pat-A-Cake Pizza Man
Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, Pizza Man
Make me a pizza as fast as you can
Roll it roll and toss it
And sprinkle it with cheese
Put it in the oven - and bake it fast, please!

P-I-Z-Z-A
(Tune of "BINGO")
I know a food that starts with P
And pizza is its name-o
P-I-Z-Z-A, P-I-Z-Z-A, P-I-Z-Z-A
And pizza is its name-o

A Pizza Hut
A Pizza Hut! A Pizza Hut!
Kentucky Fried Chicken and Pizza Hut!
McDonald's, McDonald's,
Kentucky Fried Chicken, and a Pizza Hut!
McDonald's, McDonald's,
Kentucky Fried Chicken, and a Pizza Hut!

Pizza Shop
Down around the corner in the pizza shop
There were five pieces of pizza with pepperoni on top
Along came (puppet) all alone
He bought a pizza, and took it home.
(Count down until none are left)

Roll, Roll, Roll Your Dough
(Tune of: "Row, Row, Row Your Boat")
Roll, roll, roll your dough
Smoothly as can be.
Roll it till it's big and round,
Then add some good toppings.

Scouts Pizza Song
Eat-a-lot-a Eat-a-lot-a Eat-a-lot-a pizza
Oh no-no don't drop the pizza.
If you drop the pizza nobody eat-za
Oh no don't drop the pizza.

This is the Way We Make A Pizza
This is the way we roll the dough
roll the dough, roll the dough,
This is the way we roll the dough when we make a pizza.

Additional verses:
This is the way we grade the cheese…
This is the way we cut the meat…
This is the way we bake the pizza…

Who Stole the Pizza?
Who stole the pizza from the pizza pan?
Lion stole the pizza from the pizza pan!
Who me? Yes, you!
Couldn't be! Then who?
Repeat with other puppets.


No comments: