Saturday, April 04, 2009

Fingerplays, Songs and Story Extensions

Books That Translate Well Into Flannel Stories
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin, Jr.
Is Your Mama a Llama? by Deborah Guarino
It Looked Like Spilt Milk? by Charles Shaw
I Went Walking by Sue Williams
Peek In My Pocket by Sarah Weeks
Seven Blind Mice by Ed Young
What's In My Pocket? by David Carter
Where's My Mommy? by Jo Brown
Where's Your Smile, Crocodile? by Claire Freedman
Who Ate All the Cookie Dough? by Karen Beaumont
Who Sank the Boat? by Pamela Allen
Who Took the Farmers Hat? by Joan Nodset

I Spy
I spy with my little eye... something red.
I spy with my little eye... something fluffy.
I spy with my little eye... something that says: "Woof!"
Answer: Clifford puppet
(repeat with other objects, clues)

Riding in My Stroller; What Do I See?
(Toddler flannel script)
I'm riding in my stroller.
What do I see?
Two friendly people who are waving at me!

I'm riding in my stroller.
What do I hear?
Trucks and cars honking right in my ear!

I'm riding in my stroller.
Who trots past?
A big, happy dog who is going so fast.

I'm riding in my stroller.
What do I do?
Kick, kick, kick, there goes my shoe.

I'm riding in my stroller,
Sleepy as can be.
Now my eyes are closing - it's nap time for me!

Who Ate the Pizza?
Who stole the pizza from the pizza pan?
(Puppet) stole the pizza from the pizza pan!
Who me? Yes, you! Couldn’t be! Then who?
(repeat with other puppets)

Who Stole the Cookies?
Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar?
(Puppet) stole the cookies from the cookie jar!
Who me? Yes, you!
Couldn't be! Then who?
(repeat with other puppets)

Whose House Is This? (Matching Game)
Flannel pieces: Pond, Lily Pad, Fish Bowl, Nest, Tree, House, Squirrel, Person, Bird, Fish, Frog, Duck

Does a frog live in a tree?
Does a frog live in a nest?
Does a frog live on a lily pad?

No comments: