Saturday, December 29, 2007

Flannels, Songs and Story Extensions

Books That Translate Well Into Flannel Stories
And the Cow Said Moo by Mildred Phillips
Cow Who Clucked by Denise Fleming
Ms. Blanche the Spotless Cow by Zidrou
There's Nothing to D-o-o-o! by Judith Mathews

B-O-S-S-Y
(Tune: "Bingo")
There was a farmer had a cow, and Bossy was her name-o.
B-O-S-S-Y B-O-S-S-Y B-O-S-S-Y
And Bossy was her name-o
"Moo" instead of clapping: Moo-O-S-S-Y (etc.)

Do You Know the Ice Cream Man?
(Tune: "The Muffin Man")
Oh, do you know the ice cream man?
The ice cream man, the ice cream man
Do you know the ice cream man
Who drives the ice cream truck.

Yes, I know the ice cream man…

Moo Moo Brown Cow

(Tune: "Baa Baa Black Sheep")
Moo Moo brown cow,
Have you milk for me?
Yes, ma'am, yes ma'am
As tasty as can be!

Churn it into butter
Make it into cheese
Freeze it into ice cream
Or drink it if you please.

Moo Moo brown cow,
Have you milk for me?
Yes, ma'am, yes ma'am
As tasty as can be!

"Five Ice Creams"

Five big ice creams with sprinkles on the top.
Five big ice creams with sprinkles on the top.
And if somebody takes one and gobbles it all up –
There'll be how many ice creams standing in the shop?

"Talking Ice Cream"

Five little ice cream cones so good to eat
The first one said, "I'm a summertime treat."
The second one said, "It's such a hot day."
The third one said, "I’m melting away!"
The fourth one said, "Don't lose your top."
The fifth one said, "Oh dear – ker-plop!" (place the last cone upside down)

Take Me Out for Some Ice Cream
(Tune: "Take Me Out to the Ball Game")
Take me out for some ice cream
Take me out to the store
Buy me a super-jumbo cone
I don't care if I eat it alone
So, just SCOOP – SCOOP – SCOOP up the ice cream
Buy me two kinds I adore
For it's 1 – 2 – no more than 3
At the ice cream store!

We All Want An Ice Cream Cone
(Tune: "Mary Had A Little Lamb")
We all want an ice cream cone,
Ice cream cone, ice cream cone
We all want an ice cream cone, we'll eat it right away.

Chocolate is our favorite kind, favorite kind, favorite kind
Chocolate is our favorite kind, we'd eat it every day.

Strawberrry's our favorite kind, favorite kind, favorite kind
Strawberry's is our favorite kind, we'd eat it every day.

Chocolate mint's our favorite kind, favorite kind, favorite kind
Chocolate mint's our favorite kind, we'd eat it every day.

No comments: