Friday, December 21, 2007

Flannels, Songs and Story Extensions

Books That Translate Well Into Flannel Stories
Are You My Mother? by P. D. Eastman
Fox the the Hen by Eric Battut
Most Wonderful Egg in the World by Helme
Singing Chick by Victoria Stenmark
Where's Baby Duckling?
Where's My Mommy? by Jo Brown

Books to Extend with Props
Fred and the Little Egg by Julia Rawlinson

An Egg is On My Nose
(Tune: The Farmer in the Dell)
An egg is on my nose, an egg is on my nose,
Heigh-ho, the derry-o, an egg is on my nose.
(Repeat using other body parts)

Cluck Cluck, Red Hen
(Tune: Baa Baa, Black Sheep)
Cluck, cluck red hen, have you any eggs?
Yes, cluck, yes, cluck, as many as my legs.
One for your breakfast, one for your lunch;
Come back tomorrow and I'll give you a whole bunch.
Cluck, cluck red hen, have you any eggs?
Yes, cluck, yes, cluck, as many as my legs.

Runny Eggs
(Tune: Alouette)
Runny eggs, funny, runny eggs!
Runny eggs are such a yucky food.
Do you have them on your face? Yes, I have them on my face!
On your face? On my face. O-o-o-oh!
Runny eggs, funny, runny eggs!
Runny eggs are such a yucky food!

Do you have them on your sleeve?...
Do you have them on your pants? ....
Do you have them on your socks? ....
Do you have them on your shoes? ....
Do you have them in your hair? ....

Something in the Egg
There’s something in the egg -
What can it be?
There’s something in this egg,
That I really can’t see.

This egg has a T on it
Can you guess what’s in this egg?
 (Give the children hints if they need it: what sound does the T make, he starts with the tuh- sound, he lives in a shell….)

No comments: