Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Flannels, Songs and Story Extensions

Books That Translate Well Into Flannels
La Cucaracha Martina by Daniel Moreton
Ladybug Counting
Snappy Little Bugs by Claire Nielson
Very Lazy Ladybug by Isobel Finn

Books That Translate Well Into Puppet Stories
There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly by Simms Taback
Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle

Songs to Share
Five Little Frogs on Raffi's Singable Songs for the Very Young
There's a Spider On The Floor on Raffi's Singable Songs for the Very Young

Ants Go Marching
(flannel script)
The ants go marching one by one, harrah, harrah,
The ants go marching one by one, harrah, harrah,
The ants go marching one by one,
The little one stops for a hamburger bun,
And they all go marching on…

(Repeat with:)
The ants go marching two by two.... piece of fruit...
The ants go marching three by three... slice of cheese...
The ants go marching four by four... ear of corn...
The ants go marching five by five... French fries...
The ants go marching six by six... carrot sticks...
The ants go marching seven by seven... slice of heaven... (chocolate cake)
The ants go marching eight by eight... a grape
The ants go marching nine by nine... melon rind...
The ants go marching ten by ten... a burger again...

Who Is Buzzing in My Yard?
(Tune: "London Bridge")
Who is buzzing in my yard,
In my yard, in my yard,
Who is buzzing in my yard?   It's a bee.
(repeat with: other insects fluttering, crawling, hopping, etc.)

Little Miss Muffet
Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet, eating her curds and whey.
Along came a spider, and sat down beside her,
And frightened Miss Muffet away...

Spider, Spider, Come to Tea
(flannel or puppet script)
SPIDER: Bee, bee, come to tea.
BEE: No, no, Spider – not me!

SPIDER: Ladybug, ladybug, come to tea.
LADYBUG: No, no, Spider – not me!

SPIDER: Caterpillar, caterpillar, come to tea.
CATERPILLAR: No, no, Spider – not me!

SPIDER: Dragonfly, dragonfly, come to tea.
DRAGONFLY: No, no, Spider – not me!

SPIDER: Butterfly, butterfly, come to tea.
BUTTERFLY: No, no, Spider – not me!

SPIDER: Grasshopper, grasshoper, come to tea.
BUTTERFLY: No, no, Spider – not me!

BIRD: Spider, spider, come to tea.
SPIDER: No, no, Bird – not me!

Two Little Butterflies

Two little butterflies landed on my hand.
One named Sally; the other named Sam.
Fly away, Sally!  Fly away, Sam!
Come back, Sally!  Come back, Sam!

No comments: