Thursday, January 11, 2007

Flannels, Songs and Story Extensions

Books That Translate Well Into Flannel Stories:
Crow Makes Friends by Margaret Peot (2015)
Dog's Best Friend by Massimo Mostacchi
Nettie Jo's Friends by Patricia McKissack
Play With Me by Marie Hall Ets
Popcorn Dragon by Jane Thayer
That Apple is Mine by Katya Arnold

Book That Works Well As A Puppet Story or Creative Dramatic
That's What Friends Are For by Florence Parry Heide

Apple puppet
Look at the apple I have found
So round and rosy on the ground
We will wash it and cut it in two
Half for me and half for you

As I Was Walking Down the Street
As I was walking down the street,
A very good friend I chanced to meet
We clapped our hands, and waved up high
We said hello, and then goodbye

Friend of Mine
(Tune: " Mary Had a Little Lamb")

Will you meet a friend of mine?
Friend of mine? Friend of mine?
Will you meet a friend of mine?
This is my friend ….
(Animal faces flannels – have kids name the animal)

One Little Friend Went Out to Play
(Tune: "Elephant on a Spiderweb")

One little friend went out to play
On a bright and sunny day
He had such enormous fund
That he called for another friend to come

(count up to five, and then end with: "But the sun went down and the friends went home")

A Rig-a-Jig-Jig
As I was walking down the street,
A very good friend I chanced to meet,
A rig-a-jig-jig, and away we go,
Hi-ho, hi-ho, ho-ho-ho!
(Animal patterns – have kids name animals, in succession)

No comments: