Thursday, November 09, 2006

Flannels, Songs and Story Extensions

Flannel Stories:
-“Ten Little Turkeys”
-“Turkey in the Brown Straw”
-“Turkey Wore His Red Feather"


Turkey puppet
(Tune of "I'm A Little Teapot")
I'm a little turkey, my name is Ted
Here are my feathers; here is my head
Gobble, gobble, gobble, is what I say
I run and hide on Thanksgiving Day!


Five Little Pumpkins fingerplay
Five little pumpkins sitting on the ground
The first one said, "I'm big, orange and round!"
The second one said, "I'm fresh off the vine!"
The third one said, "I taste divine!"
The fourth one said, "I'm ready to be tasted!"
The fifth one said, "Bake my seeds so they're not wasted!"
Someone from the kitchen picked them up and we know why....
The five little pumpkins all became Pumpkin Pie.

The Turkey (fingerplay)
The turkey is a funny bird.
Its head goes wobble, wobble.

All he knows is just one word:
"Gobble, gobble, gobble"


Mr. Turkey, Run Away
(Tune of “Are You Sleeping?”)
Mr. Turkey, Mr. Turkey
Run away, run away.
If you are not careful,
You will be a mouthful,
Thanksgiving Day, Thanksgiving Day.


Hello Mr. Turkey
(Tune of “Happy & You Know It”)
"Gobble, gobble, gobble" says the bird.
"Gobble, gobble, gobble" says the bird.
Mr. Turkey gobble-gobbles, and his feet go wobble-wobble.
"Gobble, gobble, gobble" says the bird.


Pumpkin Pie
(Tune of “Peanut Butter & Jelly”)
First you take the pumpkin and you pick it, you pick it.
Then you take the pumpkin and you carve it, you carve it.
Next you take the spices and you mix it, you mix it.
Chorus: Pumpkin, Pumpkin Pie-Yummy! Pumpkin, Pumpkin Pie-Yummy!


You put it in the oven and you bake it, you bake it
You put it on a plate and then you cut it, you cut
You put it in your mouth and then you chew it, young chew it
Chorus: Pumpkin, Pumpkin Pie-Yummy! Pumpkin, Pumpkin Pie-Yummy!

We Eat Turkey
(Tune of “Are You Sleeping?”)
We eat turkey, we eat turkey
Oh so good, oh so good
Always on Thanksgiving, always on Thankgiving
Yum, yum, yum

Yum, yum, yum

Mashed potatoes, mashed potatoes
Oh so good, oh so good
Always on Thanksgiving, always on Thanks giving
Yum,yum,yum...
Children love adding what they will bring to the feast.


Glad I’m Not A Turkey
(Tune of "Did You Ever See A Lassie")
I am glad I'm not a turkey, a turkey, a turkey
I ma glad I'm not a turkey on Thanksgiving Day
They stuff you and bake you
And then they will taste you
I'm glad I'm not a turkey on Thanksgiving Day!


Turkey Dinner
(Tune of “Are You Sleeping?”)
Turkey dinner, turkey dinner
Gather round; gather round
Who will get the drumstick?
Yummy, yummy drumstick
All sit down, all sit down.

Cornbread, muffins,
Chesnuts, stuffing,
Pudding pie -- ten feet high.
We were all much thinner, before we sat for dinner!
Me, oh, my me, oh, my.

No comments: