Thursday, October 19, 2006

Flannels, Songs and Story Extensions

Books To Share With Puppets/Props
Pumpkin Cat by Anne Mortimer
That Pup!  by Lindsay Barret George

Flannel Story
Five Little Apples

A-P-P-L-E
I know a fruit that grows on trees
And apple is its name-o
A-P-P-L-E, A-P-P-L-E,
A-P-P-L-E,
And apple is its name-o.

Apple version of "Five Little Monkeys"
Five little apples hanging in a tree,
Teasing Mr. Slinky Worm “You can’t eat me!”
Along comes Slinky Worm as quiet as can be. . .
And . . . CRUNCH!
(Countdown until none are left)

Harvest version of "The Farmer in the Dell"The farmer plants the seeds, the farmer plants the seeds
Heigh-ho, the derry-o
The farmer plants the seeds.

Repeat with:
The sun comes out to shine...
The rain begins to fall...

The seeds begin to grow...
The farmer pulls them up...
And now, we'll eat them up...


Scarecrow version of "Five Green and Speckled Frogs"
Five crows, all shiny and black
Sat upon a scarecrow’s back
Eating some most delicious corn (yum, yum)
Scarecrow winked and shouted, "BOO!"
Scared one crow, and away he flew,
Now there’s just four black shiny crows.

Count down until none are left...

Scarecrow, Scarecrow, What Do You Know?
Scarecrow, Scarecrow,
What do you know?
I guard the seeds so they can grow.

Repeat with:
I see the farmer with his hoe
I keep my eyes out for the crow
I stand up straight as the wind blows
Deep in the night, the white moon glows
I know that soon will come the snow

No comments: