Sunday, October 15, 2006

Flannels, Songs and Story Extensions

Books That Translate Well Into Flannel / Prop Stories:
Big Fat Hen by Keith Baker
Centipede's 100 Shoes by Tony Ross
I Wish That I Had Duck Feet by Dr. Suess
Shoes from Grandpa by Mem Fox

This Old Man (Feet version)
This old man, he has feet,
See him walking down the street,
With a tippy-tap, tippy-tap, watch him go,
Sometimes fast and some…times…slow.

Repeat with:
See him dancing down the street...
See him skipping down the street...
See him marching down the street...


Squeaky Shoes
My shoes are new and squeaky shoes,
They're very shiny, creaky shoes.
I wish I had my leaky shoes
That mother threw away.

I liked my old brown leaky shoes
Much better than these creaky shoes
These shiny, creaky, squeaky shoes
I've got to wear today.
~Anonymous~

Doodle Doodle Doo
Doodle doodle doo
The Princess lost her shoe
Her Highness hopped
The fiddler stopped
Not knowing what to do

Diddle Diddle Dumpling
Diddle diddle dumpling, my son John
Went to bed with both socks on
One shoe off, one shoe on
Diddle diddle dumpling, my son John

No comments: