Saturday, September 30, 2006

Flannels, Songs and Story Extensions

Flannel story based on This Little Chick by John Lawrence
This little chick from across the way,
Went out to play with the cows one day,
And what do you think they heard him say?
"Moo! Moo!"

Repeat with horse, sheep, duck, etc.

Cluck Cluck, Red Hen
*Use a chicken puppet and two plastic eggs
**Tune of "Baa Baa, Black Sheep

Cluck, cluck, red hen, have you any eggs?
Yes, sir, yes, sir, as many as my legs: 1,2

Five Little Chicks Saying Cheep-Cheep-Cheep
Five little chicks saying, "Cheep-cheep-cheep."
Mama sent the first one off to sleep.

Five Little Chicks
The first little chick gave a squirm,
"I wish I could find a yummy worm."

The second little chick gave a shrug
"I wish I could find a crunchy bug."

The third little chick gave a squeal
"I want to have some corn for my meal"

The fourth little chick sighed with grief
"I wish I could find a fresh green leaf."

The fifth little chick gave a moan,
I’m so hungry, I could eat a stone."

"See here," said their mother, from the garden patch
"If you want something for dinner, just scratch-scratch-scratch"


Little Red Hen's Song
This is the way I plant the seed,
Plant the seed, plant the seed...
This is the way I plant the seed,
So early in the morning.

Repeat with: water the wheat, cut the wheat, go to the mill, make the dough, bake the bread and eat the bread

Additional Flannel Stories
- Based on "Big Fat Hen" by Keith Baker
- Based on "Little Red Hen Makes a Pizza" by Philemon Sturges
- Based on "Singing Chick" by Victoria Stenmark
- Based on the original script that inspired "Five Little Chicks" by Nancy Tafuri

No comments: